|Never miss a show!||Email Signup||Apple Podcasts||Google Podcasts|
NOTE: We are not accepting applications at this time. We currently have 4 awesome core producers.
Please pitch us as a freelance contributor. See https://www.radioproject.org/desk/pitches/ and https://www.radioproject.org/production/submission-guidelines/
Are you an energetic, organized creative producer with strong radio-writing, audio editing and sound mixing skills? Able to work on your own features and edit freelancers work while juggling both?
Making Contact seeks an interim Part Time radio producer with excellent mixing skills and a passion for public-interest media. This is an interim position while we continue our process for hiring a Full Time Managing Producer.
Making Contact produces a nationally broadcast, progressive weekly radio series and podcast.
Our high quality public-affairs and documentary radio programs are broadcast on 120 radio stations in the U.S., Canada, and Australia and thousands more listen via our website and podcasts. Year after year, our award-winning work has been recognized by the Society of Professional Journalists Northern California Chapter, among others.
Please take some time to listen to our shows and familiarize yourself with our work before applying.
The interim producer will work together with producers Jasmin Lopez, Monica Lopez, and Marie Choi as well as our freelance reporters and producers.
This contractor gig will run May 2 (or soonest thereafter) through Oct 31, and is budgeted at $2,500 per month.
Required deliverables per month:
- Head-up one 29-minute edition of Making Contact; pitched, produced, mixed and uploaded. Plan on approx. 60 hrs per episode.
- Co-producer work on programs headed up by the other producers: Script edits, meetings, mixing freelancers acts and tracks, show listen-throughs. Plan on approx. 40 hrs per month for this facet.
- Demonstrated writing and script editing skills
- Demonstrated audio editing and multitrack sound-mixing skills
- Track record of delivering pieces on deadline
- Strong voice-craft skills
- Track record of journalistic work –dedicated to fairness, accuracy and fact-checking
- Ability to read and synthesize research
- Familiarity with key issues of our times and timeless issues
- Highly organized and communicative
- Commitment to building Making Contact as a whole, and to participating in a team process
- Enthusiastic about audience engagement
- Level-headed with a sense of humor
Making Contact is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate against any applicants and we actively recruit applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ folks, and disabled people.
Position starts May 16. Downtown Oakland, CA is job location.
Please email resume, cover letter, writing sample (radio script preferred) and links to radio work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org Use subject line, INTERIM PRODUCER + First name Last name.