Information for radio stations becoming affiliates
Making Contact is an award-winning, 29-minute weekly magazine/documentary-style public affairs program heard on radio stations throughout the US, Canada, and Australia.
Making Contact is committed to in-depth critical analysis that goes beyond the breaking news. Showcasing voices and perspectives rarely heard in mainstream media, Making Contact focuses on the human realities of politics and the connections between local and global events, emphasizing positive and creative ways to solve problems. Making Contact is FREE to noncommercial stations.
Using Making Contact on Your Station
We distribute Making Contact to non-commercial radio stations and online listeners without charge.
- Download programs and promos each week. Our website is updated with a new edition every Tuesday at 12 noon Pacific time.
Click to download FCC LEGAL radio friendly versions of our shows and promos
If you access the program from our podcast feed or story post, there may be a funding pitch preamble or a show length that’s not exactly 29 min.
- Sign up for “Making Contact – Advance show alerts” emails. We send out the new show’s description, including links to audio files and guest contact info – sign up here or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download Making Contact from one of our partner sites.
- Download from Public Radio Exchange (PRX)
- Download from Audioport (Pacifica)
- Download automatically through PRSS
About the Promos:
- We upload program-specific Making Contact promos for stations each week. They are broadcast-quality (128k mp3) and run :59 seconds long.
- Each promo includes 0:10 end bed for station IDs. The promos are made permanently available on the radio download page beside each show’s name.