|Never miss a show!||Email Signup||Spotify||Google Podcasts||Apple Podcasts|
Ross McKenzie was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but after 15 years on Lithium, he wasnt getting any better. He decided to take matters into his own hands, get off the drug, and find out why so many people are being told they have mental illnesses.
This week on Making Contact, we bring you an abridged version of the film Bipolarized; Rethinking Mental Illness, chronicling McKenzies journey.
- Ross McKenzie, diagnosed with Bipolar disorder
- Ross McKenzies mother and sister
- Gwen Olsen, former pharmaceutical rep
- Laura Delano, psychiatry survivor
- Robert Whitaker, author of Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America
- Dr. Charles Whitfield, trauma recovery specialist
- Dr. Peter Levine, founder of Somatic Experiencing