|Never miss a show!||Email Signup||Apple Podcasts||Google Podcasts|
January 2016 marked the end of China’s one child policy—a regime of family planning policies and enforcement that scarred generations of parents and children. On this edition of Making Contact, China correspondent Gady Epstein speaks with Mei Fong, author of One Child:The Story of China’s Most Radical Experiment, and Barbara Demick, journalist and former Beijing bureau chief for the Los Angeles Times.
- Mei Fong, author of One Child:The Story of China’s Most Radical Experiment
- Barbara Demick, , journalist and former Beijing bureau chief for the Los Angeles Times
- Gady Epstein, China correspondent for The Economist.
- Host: Monica Lopez
- Producers: Laura Flynn, Monica Lopez, Andrew Stelzer, Jasmin Lopez
- Original Content Producers: New America NYC and ChinaFile
- Special Thanks: Mary Wohlford Foundation for funding our Reproductive Justice beat