|Never miss a show!||Email Signup||Spotify||Google Podcasts||Apple Podcasts|
What do our voices say about us? On this edition we explore voice and identity. We’ll hear from someone who nearly lost their voice, the challenges that come with ordering a pizza with a speech generating device, and and how voice contributes to trans women’s sense of safety and of self.
- Mya Byrne, singer-songwriter
- Kathe Perez, creator of EVA app
- Samuel Sennott, assistant professor of special education at Portland University
- Bob Segalman, author “Against the Current, My Life with Cerebral Palsy”
- April Bryant, UC Berkeley student
- Hannah Simpson, Nika Jewell, Tela Love, 13th Philadelphia Transgender Health Conference, attendees.
Host: George Lavender
Producers: Andrew Stelzer, Laura Flynn, Jasmin Lopez
Contributing Producer: Meredith Talusan, Lateef McLeod
Special thanks to Saskia Maltz
Listen to the show in segments