To help us reach our goal we’re asking our community and people who care about media diversity to help get the word out and help us find those new supporters.
There are some easy ways you can help us:
Copy and paste any of the social media messages to your Twitter and Facebook accounts:
- Only 7% of radio professionals are people of color. Help @Making_Contact support #pubmedia #diversity http://ow.ly/OcK8G
- More real stories from real communities. Support @Making_Contact’s Fellows: http://ow.ly/OcK8G
- “What stories do we share when we speak to strangers, our parents & friends?” http://ow.ly/OcK8G #storytelling #pubmedia
- We need more real stories from real community members. Support this Storytelling Fellowship: http://ow.ly/OcKov #journalism #diversity
- If you believe #pubmedia needs more #diversity, support this amazing project http://ow.ly/OcKov Help #changethenarrative #journalism
Support your favorite project. Share these customized images and tweets with your online network.
Click on any of the images of our to open the larger image file. Be sure to include a link to the project https://www.radioproject.org/crowdfunding
Discover the forgotten magic in #immigrant stories w/@Ingrid_Rojas_C http://ow.ly/OcGXu #changethenarrative #ImmigrantHeritageMonth
Help Ivan Rodriguez tell the story of the toxic effects of environmental #racism in Southeast LA: http://ow.ly/OcGu0 #environment
After 31 years in #prison, Al Sasser is giving a voice to men still in the #prisonsystem http://ow.ly/O5Q9W #prisonreform#pubmedia
Help Alice Wong investigate interdependence between the #disability #healthcare & #caregiver communities http://ow.ly/OcYqK
Add this banner to your website or social media profile. Click for larger image.
Have more time to help?
We’d love for you to become an ambassador!
- Enter your email address and 1st name below.
- We’ll add you to our special ambassadors list.
- We’ll send you a series of social media content and emails that you can post on your accounts and forward to your friends. Expect to spend about an hour over the next month.
- We meet your goal with the help of our amazing community
- Our fellows get to produce some truly inspiring and needed radio stories.
- We party and celebrate the successes of independent community media!
Were asking you to help to spread the word in person and online.
Can you take some time over the next month to help us fund this work?
Sign up now!
The Making Contact team will be available throughout the campaign offering updates, support and tips on how you get more people excited about our work.
You can also email us if you have any questions or know of other people we should reach out to for the campaign.