|Never miss a show!||Email Signup||Spotify||Google Podcasts||Apple Podcasts|
This hierarchy of human life where if you are a woman of color and you’re impoverished, you’re at the very bottom and your life is seen as not worth anything. –Margaret Prescod
Join us on May 21st at 3pm PST as we discuss domestic, healthcare and police violence against women of color.
This conversation continues our ongoing coverage on the cultural and structural dimensions of how violence against women and is being produced in solidarity with the National Day of Action to End State Violence Against Black Women and Girls.
Follow the conversation on this page at 3pm and add your voice using the #vawchat hashtag.
- Black women experience intimate partner violence at rates 35 percent higher than white women.
- In Mexico an indigenous woman is 3 times more likely to die in child birth than a non indigenous woman.
- In the United States 3 women are murdered every day due to male domestic violence.
- Her Resilience
- Kimberly Robertsons obituary
- Black Coalition Fighting Back Serial Murders
- Sojourner Truth Radio
- HBO Tales of the Grim Sleeper
- LA Weekly, Grim Sleeper Returns: He’s Murdering Angelenos, As Cops Hunt His DNA
- The Grim Sleeper timeline
- Nick Broomfield
- Sociedad Mexicana Pro Derechos de la Mujer, A.C.
- Accountability in Maternal and Reproductive Health: Experiences from Civil Society from India, Mexico, and Nigeria
- Femicide in Mexico: Mapping of Silence
- Archival Footage: