|Never miss a show!||Email Signup||Apple Podcasts||Google Podcasts|
Fossil fuels are a trillion dollar industry but environmentalists say they have a plan to pull the plug on the industry: divestment. The campaign to get institutions to end their investments in oil, gas, and coal companies has won supporters around the US and abroad.
But is the strategy working? We hear from students in Boulder, Colorado who have been campaigning since 2012 and we hear about the close relationship between the oil industry and professional soccer.
- Jay Carmona, Community Divestment Campaign Manager for 350.org
- Ben Ayliffe, Greenpeace Arctic Campaign
- Michael Goodman, sports writer for Grantland
- Stefan Szymanski, Professor of Sports Management and Business at the University of Michigan
- PD Gantert, Kelsey Cody, Fossil Free CU campaigners
- Ken Mcconnellogue, Vice President for Communication at the University of Colorado
- Steven Schueth, President and Managing Member of First Affirmative
- David Gross, Senior Instructor of Finance and Faculty Director of the Masters Program in Finance and Real Estate CU Boulder
Host: George Lavender
Producers: Andrew Stelzer, Laura Flynn, Jasmin Lopez
Contributing Producers: Hannah Leigh Myers, Alex Lewis,