When a mass shooting erupts in our town or city, two common and reasonable responses are to re-examine gun laws and mental health services. But if mass shootings were solely about the shooter’s mental health, why are they primarily committed by men? In this episode of Making Contact we revisit the tragedy in Isla Vista and one survivor who’s using his experience as a way to talk about toxic masculinity, mass shootings, and interpersonal violence. Special thanks to KCSB-FM for permission to use their archives.
Like this program? Please show us the love. Click here and support our non-profit journalism. Thanks!
- “Veins of Silver”, Blue Dot Sessions
- “Overdrive”, DR
- “Galaxy Shard”, Blue Dot Sessions
- “Field Recording Drone 2”, DR
- “Lullaby for Twentysomethings (Johnny Ripper Remix)”, Cuddle Formation
- “Moon Morning”, Aymenric de Tapol
- “Insomnia”, DR
- “On ne ni vit quune nuit”, Jrme Pergolesi
- “Remember Trees”, Chris Zabriske
- “Joie”, Dana Boul
- “A Calendar Spread”, Blue Dot Sessions
- “O Christmas Eve a Lullaby”, Davey Von Stone
- “Grace”, Dana Boul
- “Motion (Johnny Ripper Remix)”, Noah