|Never miss a show!
In the United States April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate communities on how to prevent it. On today’s show we’re exploring how some women have been dehumanized to the point of indifference. We’ll learn how one community is undoing the silence around the violence women of color face. We’ll also hear about how serial killers were able to hunt down mostly Black women for three decades in South Los Angeles. Then we’ll take you to the Yucatan where pregnant indigenous women struggle under a health care system failing to provide proper medical care. Thanks to the Mary Wohlford Foundation for funding towards this program. Photo Credit: Nicole Gervacio
- Blue Dot Sessions, Farsical Slow Driver, Inside the Origami Violin, Tanguedo
- Trans Alp, Gnossienne N1, Gnossienne N3
- Black Ant, Fater Lee
- Broke For Free, Night Owl
- Phour Trakk, Long Transfer
- Kai Engel, Written in Ink