Independent journalism offers incisive analysis and perspectives typically passed over by the corporate-owned media. The phrase “Speaking truth to power” is a central tenet to independent journalism and community produced media. A network of those media outlets gathered at The Media Consortium conference in Washington DC to discuss the role independent media plays in today’s contentious media landscape. Special thanks to the panelists, The Media Consortium, Jo Ellen Kaiser, Manolia Charlotin, and Paul Stewart.
Like this program? Please show us the love. Click here and support our non-profit journalism. Thanks!
- Ricardo Sandoval Palos, Managing Editor of 100 Reporters
- Dr. Amara Enyia, 2016-2018 Global Leadership Fellow with the Global Strategists Association
- Joseph Torres, Senior External Affairs Director for Free Press
- Michelle Garcia, Journalist
- other panelists at this session, not appearing in this radio edition included Sarah van Gelder, co-founder and editor at large of YES!, Katrina vanden Heuvel, Editor and Publisher of The Nation, and Maya Schenwar,Truthout‘s editor-in-chief
- Host: R.J. Lozada
- Producers: Anita Johnson, Marie Choi, Monica Lopez, R.J. Lozada, Andrew Stelzer
- Executive Director: Lisa Rudman
- Audience Engagement Director/Web Editor: Sabine Blaizin
- Development Associate: Vera Tykulsker
- Ketsa, “Roll On”
- John Luc Hefferman, “Triumph”
The Media Consortium Conference 2017