What do our voices say about us? On this edition we explore voice and identity.
Lateef McLeod, our inaugural Community Storytelling Fellow, explains the everyday challenges that come with using a speech generating device. We’ll hear from someone who nearly lost their voice, and we’ll look at how voice contributes to trans women’s sense of safety and self.
- Mya Byrne, singer-songwriter
- Kathe Perez, creator of EVA app
- Samuel Sennott, assistant professor of special education at Portland University
- Bob Segalman, author “Against the Current, My Life with Cerebral Palsy”
- April Bryant, UC Berkeley student
- Hannah Simpson, Nika Jewell, Tela Love, 13th Philadelphia Transgender Health Conference, attendees.
Host: George Lavender
Producers: Andrew Stelzer, Laura Flynn, Jasmin Lopez
Contributing Producer: Meredith Talusan, Community Stortelling Fellow-Lateef McLeod
Special thanks to Saskia Maltz